Eating at The Prime Rib was foodie paradise. I was able to indulge in culinary delights, a hip atmosphere inimitable to rival steak houses, and delightful service from the staff. As a blogger with a discernible palate, I was highly enthused with my experience at the legendary Zagat-rated steakhouse.
I’ve eaten at innumerable steakhouses over the years but The Prime Rib tops them all. I hope in the near future I can sample their prime steaks, freshly caught seafood and Free-Range Organic Chicken.
Naturally, I was ensconced by The Prime Rib’s classically designed motif. I was enamored by the leopard carpeting, piano playing, and the convivial mingling. For wine experts out there, this restaurant has a gamut of 800 bottles of premier wine to choose from. Given that this restaurant has a posh yet cozy vibe, it’s required that restaurant patrons don business professional or business professional attire.
Did you also know that The Prime Rib was founded in 1965? The Prime Rib has earned numerous awards including Best of Baltimore by Baltimore Magazine, and is currently heralded as the #1 steakhouse in the Baltimore, DC and Philadelphia area.
As you can see atop this article, I did sample an array of goodies.
- Oysters Chesapeak: It was filling, and had an indelible savory taste that matched it’s ripe yet soft aroma. It was aesthetically pleasing, and addictive. I think I ate 5 of them. Oops!
- Sesame Seared Tuna: If you like sushi then I recommend this appetizer. It had a pinkish yet hearty middle that satiated me. I was impressed with the sesame ridges and with the overall taste.
- Prime Rib: As I said before, if you like medium rare to rare meats this is right for you. The salty texture was earthy yet crystal-like in my mouth. I really liked what the chef did with this piece.
- Jumbo Lump Crab Cocktail: Perfect crab cakes. How did they do it? Seriously! It was the right amount of flakiness, had a nice salty finish and it didn’t have a crabby aftertaste.
- House-Cure Salmon: I liked the smoked salmon rose-shapes on the breaded circle pieces and the cream cheese filling. It tasted fresh, smoky and aromatic.
- Lacquered Bacon & Eggs: What a unique surprise? There was caviar atop this breakfast concoction. Imaging creamy egg yellows, sitting comfortably on a sliver of bacon. I had some trepidation with this appetizer but after the first bite, I was wonover.
Since Valentines Day is coming up, I highly recommend this restaurant for your special someone. Not only does this establishment have an unprecedented amount of high quality wine, but the opulent room, exemplary steak and affable service steers this restaurant to the top of my list. Two Thumbs up!
About The Prime Rib
This critically-acclaimed restaurant has been honored with multiple awards such as “Best of Baltimore” by Baltimore Magazine; a Zagat rating as the #1 steakhouse in Baltimore!
Click here for our dinner menu with award winning steak and seafood options. Click here to view our expansive wine list.Please call 443-445-2970 after 4:30pm or click here to make a reservation.
Dining room is available Sunday-Thursday: 5:30pm – 10:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm – 11pm.